March 2, 2010

Favorite Characters Day

Every year KES celebrates Dr. Seuss's birthday. It is called Read Across America Week. During this week, we dress up in winter clothes, western wear, hat day, rock star, etc. On his actual birthday, we always dress up as our favorite book character. This can be a challenge.

My first year Kayla and I dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing


2. My second year Kayla and I dressed up as Mario and Lugi. (I made the hats. They were actually pillows.)


My third year Sarah and I dressed up as Miss Nelson and Viola Swamp.


Now this year Sarah and I decided to dress up as Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. I was really surprised at how very few children knew who Ann and Andy were. It's always fun dressing up because the kids love to see their teachers participate. We are going to have to go ahead and start planning for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment