March 30, 2010

Back 2 Back

Monday night Kim, Sarah, Mendy, and I went to the Amos Lee concert. After school, we met at Abuelos in Knoxville for dinner. After dinner, we headed downtown for the concert. We didn't know if there was going to be anyone opening for Amos because the website and the tickets only had his name listed. So, as soon as we got there, I checked out the merchandise table to see who it was going to be. Mutlu opened for Amos. He was AMAZING! His voice reminds me a lot of Amos, but has a little Michael Jackson behind it at times. While he was playing, Kim and I went to buy his albums at the counter. If you have never heard of him, you need to check him out. Once he was done playing, Kim and I went to get our picture made with him. As soon as we got our picture taken, we rushed upstairs for Amos. He came out and was incredible. This is the 3rd time that I have seen Amos in concert, and it was by far the best. He played at least 5/6 songs that are going to be on his next album. He even played a song that he has NEVER played live before! :) I enjoyed being your first Amos! ;) He also played all my favorites except for Black River. I can't wait for his new cd to come out this year, and for him to come back to concert in the fall! (fingers crossed) If you have never heard Amos Lee, then you haven't had your sound up when you open my blog! Southern Girl (obviously my blog theme & song) is his song. Check him out! You won't be disappointed!!!

Mendy and I in our shirts we got in Nashville.


Mutlu
Kim and I with Mutlu.

 Amos Lee


 
Amos, his band, and Mutlu.



Tuesday night Kim and I went to see Mat Kearney and Ingrid Michaelson at the Bijou. As I had mentioned, this is a concert I wanted to go to, but I figured I would hold off since I have so many concert tickets already. Once Kim saw Ingrid was going to be there, she said she really wanted to go. So, we got tickets. This show was incredible!!!!!! It started out with a girl named Cara Salimando. She was so cute and had an amazing voice. Then Ingrid came out to perform. Her performance was great!! She is so quirky. I laughed through most of her performance. She is another singer with an amazing voice. Kim had given me the cds, and I had previewed them briefly, but I will definitely be listening to her more now. After Ingrid, it was time for Mat! He also put on a great show. We were on the 3rd row on the side. So, he was staring at us the whole time! I swear there were times he was singing right to me. I have pictures to prove it! He even came out in the crowd and walked right beside me. Then he proceeded to walk across the seats in the theater. He also played us a song that he wrote last week, and he has never played live before. It was gorgeous! I also loved how Mat and Ingrid are both very diverse in their musical talents. They play a wide variety of instruments throughout the show. The show overall was amazing! It was very high energy, and I enjoyed every second! That's 2 concerts down and 7 more to go!

 Kim and I at the concert

 Cara Salimando



Ingrid and her band
After singing and dancing to Toxic by Brittney Spears


Mat Kearney


Singing Breathe In, Breathe Out. "I never knew that this would be Kenny Chesney's favorite song on the album or that doctors would make out to it on TV."


I told you he was singing to me! Look at that eye contact!!!


So, now for the funniest part of the night. Well.......it ended up being funny, but could have been horrible!! When we were getting ready to go into the concert, I thought it was best if I put my laptop in my trunk. We were parking in the lit parking lot right beside the Bijou, but I still didn't want to take a chance. So, I put it in my trunk, and we headed inside. When we were leaving the concert, I go to pull my handle (it's a hybrid and the door automatically unlocks when it detects my keys) and it opened right up and didn't beep. I FORGOT TO LOCK MY CAR!!!! I started to flip out, but EVERYTHING was still in my car. THANK GOODNESS. And thank the dear Lord above that my car was still there!! I will be parking in that lot from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment