We FINALLY got snow in East Tennessee!!! We have gotten a few flurries this year. However, this is the most snow I have seen in a very long time. I was very excited Thursday night when Sonia called to inform me that we were out of school. "No school tomorrow! It is on WBIR.com" I was very excited and proceeded to text a bunch of people to give them the news. Sarah text me back and said that it was not on WBIR.com. Therefore, I called Sonia to tell her. She said she was at a program in Knoxville and everyone there has it pulled up on their phones as we were speaking. So, I decided to watch the news and see if she was correct. We were not listed on the news either. Finally, I decided to call Sarah and see what the deal was. She said that it says Roane County under the weather alert but not school closings. I immediately called Sonia to call her out! We found it quite funny especially because I had already contacted a lot of people. Finally later that night, I saw Roane County Schools go across the bottom of the TV screen. I felt like a little kid watching the news and anticipating the cancellation of school. Once I found out we were out of school, I stayed up late and caught up on all of my shows. It did not start snowing until around 3pm Friday, and it didn't stop until later on Saturday afternoon. Marshall and I had intentions of tieing a sled to the 4-wheeler, but by the time we got enough snow it was too dark to go out. Then Saturday it was misting rain with the snow. So, we didn't get out Saturday either. So I spent the whole weekend finishing up book 2 of the Sookie Stackhouse series. Sunday night I found out we were out of school again on Monday!!! So, I decided to head out for the night. Monday I spent the day working on work for my EDS. I may not have gotten to play in the snow, but I did enjoy it while laying in pjs, drinking coffee, and reading!! I would have to say it was a very successful 4 day weekend!


The birds enjoying the birdseed.
You can see the pretty red bird hiding on the tree.
When I came home on Monday, I was amazed by how gorgeous the trees looked. The snow was starting to melt off the trees, and you could see the water droplets and icicles hanging from the limbs. It was like driving through a winter wonderland. I had to have a few pictures.

love the pictures. sad we didn't get to be lazy together on our snow days!!
ReplyDelete