Romeo at about 1 1/2 months

Romeo and I in front of our apartment in Cookeville
For his birthday, I made beef enchiladas and Whitestone Delight Pie. When I was making out the menu for his birthday, I kept thinking about how he never gets anything special to eat...well except for his busy bone. So, I decided to make him is own dog cake! This was quite the treat because he NEVER gets human food! This "human" food was for him and his friends only! He was very excited about his cake and his presents. His squirrel actually has batteries and moves around. Uncle Tye got him a superhero beaver that is a slingshot! He is a very blessed dog and really enjoyed his birthday celebration.
The recipe for Romeo's cake.......
Jerky Cake for Pups
Ingredients
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 c soft butter
1/2 c corn oil
1 jar strained beef baby food
4 eggs
2-3 strips beef jerky
Topping: plain yogurt, cream cheese, or cottage cheese
Directions
*Preheat oven to 325 degrees
*Grease and flower a 8x5x3 inch loaf pan
*Cream butter until smooth
*Mix dry ingredients into beef mixture until batter is smooth. Crumble beef jerky and fold into batter.
*Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes
*Cool on wire rack 15 minutes
*Frost with your choice of topping.*Crumble another strip of beef jerky and sprinkle on top of icing


No comments:
Post a Comment