May 11, 2010

"My Mouth Is On Fire!!!!"

Last night Kim, Sarah, and I went to El Cantarito in Harriman to eat before the County Excel Celebration. I am not one to venture out when it comes to food, but I have been trying new items lately. I decided to try a somewhat new item. I like to get the Arroz Con Pollo when I eat Mexican. It is simply rice with fajita style chicken and cheese poured on top. I eat it with flour tortillas. The dish at El Cantarito was very similar except it had tomatoes, green peppers, and onions. So, I ordered it without tomatoes and was ready to enjoy my meal. I am eating and carrying on a conversation with the girls while enjoying a small bite of my small piece of tortilla with chicken, rice, and green peppers. The next thing I know my mouth was ON FIRE!!! I was yelling "WOOOOOO!!! WOOOOO!!!" The girls just look at me and laugh. It took my brain a minute to say "Hey Julia, put down the food and spit out what is in your mouth!!" So, I finally did. This is the most pain I have experienced in my life. Let me add in that I hate food that is hot and spicy. My tongue and lips were on fire! It felt like I put them on a hot skillet. You know how it feels when you burn your finger and it stops burning when you put it under cold water, but it burns again once you remove it from the water!? That is what my mouth was doing except for I had to fill my mouth with diet coke and hold it in there. It was so bad at one point I told the girls I may have to run outside to throw up because I was in so much pain. So anyways, my mouth burned for about 15-20 minutes. Finally, a man beside us decided to inform me that if I put sugar in my mouth it would stop the burn. I responded with, "I could have used you 20 minutes ago!" When a waiter came by, I asked him what was on my plate that was green and not bell peppers. he said it was probably a jalapeno which wasn't suppose to be there. I responded with "Well that is one hot jalapeno! My mouth is on fire!" So then Sarah said, "I want to try it." So, I gave her a piece and she bit of a small amount and said, "No, that is a bell pepper." Then she takes a bite out of the other piece that was on my tortilla and she says, "No, that is a....yes yes yes it is." As she is spooning it out of her mouth. Then Kim says, "I'm intrigued. Let me try it." So, she tries it, and it wasn't as spicy. I am still not sure what it was I got a hold of and why it was so hot, but I will never make the mistake of ordering that meal again! It was the beginning of a funny night with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment