May 11, 2010

If I Wasn't A Celebrity, Would You Be So Nice To Me

Last year, I had a student whose mom works at Y-12. She had asked me if they could come in the classroom and do an art project with my students. The students used recyclable items to make a collage, and they used fabric markers to color a picture of what recycling meant to them. One of the ladies turned their pictures into a quilt. The quilt was displayed at the Y-12 Safety EXPO and part of the quilt was taken into space. After a year, they brought us back the quilt and presented it to my class that I had last year. Some of the left over materials from the project were made into another project which will be featured on the Saturn V Rocket in Huntsville, Alabama. This was a really cool project, and I am glad that my class was chosen to help out. We also made it in the newspaper when they presented us with our blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment