April 20, 2010

Let's Make It Rain

Last night Kim and I went to see Colbie Caillat in concert at the Valarium. Since it was at the valarium, it was standing. We got there at 6 because we thought the doors opened then. The doors didn't open until 7, but we were glad we got there early because it was packed. Lucky for us, most of the crowd was young. So, they thought the best place to stand was dead center. So, Kim and I got right at the stage on the side. It was the perfect area!! A guy named Justin Young opened up for her. He is AMAZING!! You can find him on iTunes. He is actually her guitar player. I also think her second album was about him. If I am wrong, shoot me dead. They had amazing chemistry. Colbie's performance was great!! She didn't play the guitar as much as I thought she would, but it was still great. She sang all of my favorites except for magic. She also sang a new song that is not on any of her cds. It is called Let's Make It Rain. It is beyond PERFECT for my life and situation right now! Even Kim said during the song "Girl she is singing this to you!" I can't wait to be able to get it on cd. Once again, this was another great concert! I am so glad I got to see her live. I remember passing out her songs to my friends before she was big. I have been waiting a long time to see her live, and it was well worth the wait!
 Ready for the concert!

Justin Young! He's hot and has an amazing voice!
 Back story on this pic.....Kim thought it was hilarious that I had purse hangers. I broke them out hoping we could hang them on the stage so we wouldn't have to hold our purses. She thought it was too funny that I would have these! I told her that Meghan and mom got them for me. That made it even funnier because everyone else knows how OCD I am. She laughed for at least a solid 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. you are THE reason I love Colbie..you did give me her cd!! my friend has purse hangers, too. LOVE them =)

    ReplyDelete