April 4, 2010

Hey Soul Sister

Last night Kim and I went to see Train in concert. We figured that since it was a Saturday we should get together early and make a day out of it. So, we started out by shopping. We went to one of my favorite stores first. New York & Co had EVERYTHING 50% off!! I really racked up on clothes!! Then we hit up a few more stores and went to Stir Fry for dinner. Saturday is half off sushi and $10 bottle of wine night. I tried 3 sushi rolls that I have never had before and never wanted to try. They were delicious! I found 2 new favorites!! Then after dinner we headed to the concert! Our waiter had told us that he thought Butch Walker was going to open up for them, and he was right. I was not impressed with Butch. I did like 1 song, but that was about it. Then Train came out! They were amazing!! They really put on a good show!! Pat got about 5 girls ranging from 8-12. They got to get on stage and sing with him. Then later on in the show he got a girl that had a sign in the balcony to come on stage. It was her sweet 16! How awesome would that be!? They played all their hits Calling All Angels, Drops of Jupiter, Meet Virginia, and Hey Soul Sister. He played one of my favorites songs on their new album called Marry Me. He came out in the crowd and walked around during it. They also played my ALL time favorite song that I mentioned in a previous blog. He played When I Look to the Sky! It was amazing because he came to the edge of the stage and sang A Capella, the band came in during the middle, and then he sang A Capella again at the end. I got the whole song recorded and never got caught!! If you ever get a chance to see Train live, you really should jump on it! They are great in concert!

 Ready for the concert!

Butch Walker and the Black Widows

Butch

 Train



During the encore


No comments:

Post a Comment