April 11, 2010

Erick Baker

Friday was going to be a GREAT day! It was the last day before spring break and Kim and I were going to see Erick Baker at the Bijou. My day started out with talking to the bank because the fraud people were calling me. Apparently someone got a hold of my debit card number. Dang online shopping! So, they informed me that I will be receiving a new card in 8 days! GREAT! I get to go my whole spring break without my card. This can't ruin my day though! So, I go home after work and get ready. Kim and I meet and head to Knoxville to eat dinner. We sit down and order, and I realize I forgot the tickets. So, I had to call my sweet sweet father Gene to drive to Knoxville to bring them to me. Then when I get up to meet him, my shoe breaks!!! So, we had to go shopping for new shoes before the concert! Which normally I wouldn't complain, but we were on a time crunch. Anyways, we finally get downtown for the concert. It was really good. It was his cd release party and it was being filmed for his live dvd. He did 2 sets. So, he played just about every song he has on cd. It was fun listening to him, but I wish that I had known more of his newer songs. His new cd is GREAT! Some of the songs are kinda depressing, but I LOVE them!! It ended up being a great night, and I am glad that I got to see him live. He has an amazing voice, and he is beyond adorable. He is also VERY passionate when he sings his songs! If you have never heard him sing, you should really check him out!


2 comments:

  1. I was there too! He is amazing! I stumbled across him earlier this year and have been in love ever since!!!! Love his lyrics and the passion he puts into his singing! Check out Will Hoge if you haven't yet! He's really good too and similar to Erick! He is coming to the Bijou this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely check out Will. I always love hearing new people1 You will have to let me know how he is live! Thanks for letting me know about him!

    ReplyDelete