October 11, 2010

"God Gave Me You"

"On my own I’m only
Half of what I could be
I can’t do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
For when I think I’ve lost my way
*If* There are no words here left to say, it’s true
God gave me you, gave me you.
Gave me you. "

I thought this Dave Barnes song was PERFECT for this blog. I am truly blessed to have such an amazing man in my life. It seems like not to long ago I was truly wondering if I would ever find someone to love. Then before I knew it Jack popped into my life. I have found my best friend and the best man for me!

This may be a shock for some of you, but I do not like to share too much of my personal life with a lot of people. However, this night was too sweet and perfect to not share.

Now for the point of this blog.......Jack was on fall break last week. I was disappointed that our breaks did not fall on the same week. So, my sweet boyfriend brought me lunch 2 days during this week, and then Thursday he said he was cooking me dinner. We were going to be with friends all weekend for the Foothills Fall Festival. So, Thursday was going to be our night with just each other. When I got to his apartment, I was surprised to not see dinner ready or him cooking. I even said, "Wow! Dinner smells amazing! haha" He told me that he made reservations and that he has had this planned all week, but he would not tell me where we were going. We started to head to the mountains. As soon as we got on back roads, I got really confused. Finally, he pulled over to the side of the road and said that this was our reservations. We were overlooking Maryville right before sunset. He had a picnic packed for us. He laid a blanket in the back of his truck and had made chicken salad and had wine. We ate in the back of the truck and watched the sun go down together. It was a gorgeous night. It was also the first time I had actually watched the sunset. It was amazing and beautiful. I honestly had the perfect night with the perfect man. This was honestly the sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me. So, I had to share my amazing night.

 
The sunset and our view


 I asked Jack to take a picture. This was after he dropped the camera on my head!
I love this man!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Very Nicholas Sparks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO thought this was going to be the proposal blog! :)
    You have a great man Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin it would have been the perfect night for it....hahaha....maybe someday! :)

    ReplyDelete