October 11, 2010

Foothills Fall Festival 2010

This past weekend I went with Jack, Kim, Camille, JB, Missy, and Brian to Foothills Fall Festival. We got to enjoy 3 days filled with music. Friday night we got there in time for Starship (featuring Mike Thomas) and 38 Special. I really enjoyed this night because this was music I listened to growing up!

 
Starship
 
38 Special

Saturday Jack and JB went to stand in line so that we could get a good spot. They set up the chairs and came back to the apartment to watch the UT game and eat lunch. After the game, Jack, Kim, JB, and I headed back to the festival because I really wanted to see Chuck Wicks. We were a little late getting there. So, I missed him singing "Hold That Thought." I was really disappointed about this because I love that song. I figured it would be one of the last songs that he would sing since it is his newest hit. Apparently I was wrong. I did get to hear "Stealing Cinderella." After Chuck we heard Gloriana, Tracy Lawrence, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
 
On the way to the festival
 
JB - The messy eater :)
 
Chuck Wicks

Gloriana
 
Tracy Lawrence
 
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sunday we headed to the festival a little after noon. We set up our chairs and then we went to look at the arts and crafts. After we walked around for a bit, Jack and I headed back to his apartment to watch the Braves game. Then we went back to the festival in time for Jake Owen. After Jake, we got to see Blake Shelton. Blake was by far my favorite out of the whole weekend. He is a GREAT entertainer!! I told Jack that I would definitely go to see Blake in concert again. It also was nice that he played my two favorite songs back to back. My favorite song right now is his song "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking." He sounded just as amazing live on this song as it sounds on the cd! If you get a chance to see Blake live, I wouldn't pass it up!!


Jake Owen
 
Blake Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment