December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

2013 has been an amazing year so far and we have A LOT to be thankful for.  The #1 thing we are thankful for is our sweet baby girl.  She has changed our life so much, and I couldn't ask for a better baby.  It was a big change having her here this year for the holiday.  She loved having family around all week.  She loved the extra attention.

 It was especially great being around family this year.  Our family lost my grandmother and my parents lost their home to a fire all within a few weeks of each other.  It was nice being able to give my parents a nice Thanksgiving dinner.  I know it really meant a lot to them.  I am extremely grateful for them and all they have done for me and for Jack.  They are truly amazing!I also enjoyed having my sister and her husband stay with us for a few nights.  I miss her daily and wished  she lived closer, but I cherish the time we get to spend together. Jack's parents also came to visit us over the weekend.  I was glad they got to come see Callaghan for her first Thanksgiving since we were unable to make it to Tullahoma this year.

Another great thing about this holiday was getting to spend time with my friend April.  We don't get to talk or see each other that much, but when we do it is like we have never lost any time.

Finally, one amazing thing that happened this holiday was that it snowed!  I have never had a white Thanksgiving.  It was so much fun seeing snow so early in the year, and it was Callaghan's first snow.  Jack took her outside to see it.  She tried to grab a few snowflakes, but she wasn't really excited.  I look forward to when she really notices the snow and starts to play in it.

Callaghan's first snow
 First Thanksgiving

 She loves her Auntie A

No comments:

Post a Comment