December 29, 2013

Christmas

This Christmas was a lot of fun.  Jack and I were really excited about it since it was Callaghan's first Christmas.  We knew she wouldn't know a lot of what was going on, but we were curious to see how she would react to everything like Santa, lights, unwrapping presents, and meeting more family. 

We started the tradition 2 years ago of setting up our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  This year we set the tree up Friday night so that we could get the rest of the house decorated Saturday morning.  Callaghan LOVED the tree.  She loved looking at the lights and ornaments.  Whenever she would get fussy, we would walk her to the tree and it would calm her down.  She loved to touch the lights and ornaments.  It was a sweet thing to watch.


This year we started the tradition of going to see Santa Claus!  We went to Bass Pro with Meghan and Evan.  Santa was really nice.  He was suppose to stop seeing kids at 8:00, but the line was starting to wrap around the fishing section.  So, he said he wasn't going to leave until every child was seen.  I thought that was really sweet of him.  He also took the time to ask Callaghan's name and talk to her for a minute.  I really didn't expect that since she was so young.  I am not really sure she knew what was going on.  I put her on his lap and immediately ran by the camera to start jumping around so she would smile.  So I am not quite sure that she knew where she was.  Evan was really cute! He ran down the carpet to Santa.  It was really precious! I am not sure he really spoke to him, but he did a good job! I am glad we started this tradition with the Turveys and hope that more of the crew kiddos join us next year!

 I was really bad about taking pictures of her on Christmas since I spent most of the time sitting beside her, but we did get a few of her unwrapping presents.  She loved opening presents.  I have never seen a baby love it so much.  She would open a gift and get so excited.  She would kick her feet and wave her arms around until I got the toy out of the box.  Then she would be ready for the next present.  She would open present after present and not get bored with it.  I was really impressed. She did love eating the wrapping paper though.

 

 Since she is so young, we didn't want to do a lot of gifts for Christmas.  So, Santa brought her one big gift and filled her stocking.  She loved her gifts. We took her for a ride in her wagon and she loved it.  She was very chill and just took it all in.  I think it helped her get ready for her nap too.


No comments:

Post a Comment