This month Callaghan has had an ear infection, the flu, and got a rash from the amoxicillin. These were all really hard because we didn't know what was wrong with her either time. With her ear infection, she would just scream out occasionally in pain. We knew something wasn't right because she was actually crying tears, but we didn't know what was wrong. She never pulled on her ears or anything to give us a sign that it could be an ear infection. She ran a low grade fever so we started her on Tylenol. When we got back from celebrating Christmas with my dad, she was asleep in her carrier. I noticed that she had liquid on her ear. That is how we figured out it was an ear infection. We took her to the doctor and he put her on amoxicillin for 10 days. 7 days later she started to run a fever again. We weren't sure what was wrong because she shouldn't run a fever while on antibiotics. So we went to the doctor again. He said he didn't know what was wrong with her because she shouldn't have a fever while on antibiotics. So, he took some blood and did a flu test just in case. It ended up being the flu. :( So, we started her on Tamiflu. On day 3 of Tamiflu and day 9 of amoxicillin, I noticed a rash that started on her face. It was around her eyes and on her neck. I immediately went to go take her fever and then noticed it all around her body. We ended up calling Children's hospital since it was Christmas Eve. Turns out that there is a thing called an amoxicillin rash. It doesn't mean they are allergic to it. It just happens around day 6/7 of some babies taking the medicine. This was very scary for me because I was terrified that she was having an allergic reaction and I didn't want it moving to her airways.
Now that the sickness talk is done let's get to all of the fun things she did this month. One hilarious thing is that she discovered her tongue. It is hilarious watching her stick her tongue out and move it around. I didn't know where she got this until we took her to daycare and saw her friend doing the same. It is amazing how much she learns at daycare. So cute!
Another fun thing she is doing this month is rocking back and forth on her hands and knees. She hasn't started to crawl yet, but we know it is coming soon. She starts to rock and then falls back on to her belly. At times, I think she may walk before she crawls. She would prefer standing over being on her belly and she LOVES when we hold her hands for her to walk around. I know she will crawl first, but it just amazes me how much she loves to stand and walk with support.
Callaghan has always loved listening to music. I played her music a lot when I was pregnant. I would also play the same songs in the hospital for her when she would fuss and it would calm her down. Now anytime there is music on tv she will stop what she is doing to watch it and listen to it. It is really cute how interested she is in it.
The last big thing that she did this month is say "dada." She hasn't associated it with Jack yet, but I know she will soon. She will lay around saying "dadadadadada." She gets really excited when Jack responds with excitement.
We haven't been able to get rid of her prebedtime nap yet. So most nights she goes to bed around 630 or so. We wake her at 8 for a bath and bottle and then she goes back down. I am hoping to get rid of this nap soon! She also takes 1 really long nap a day. If she is at home, she sleeps 2-4 hours. At daycare, she sleeps 1 1/2 - 3 hours during her long nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment