February 17, 2011

Super Bowl Desserts

I made a few desserts for the super bowl. One of the desserts was cupcakes. I made regular cupcakes, but arranged and iced them to look like a football. With the help of Kim, I think they turned out pretty cute!

The other dessert I made was Turtle Bars Supreme. This is a Betty Crocker recipe. It calls for double chocolate chunk cookie mix, but we could not find it anywhere. So, after looking at several places, we settled on triple chocolate chunk brownies and they still turned out delicious. I also did not put the coffee in it because it was another item we did not have. Even with all the changes, they turned out amazing, and I will definitely cook them again!

Turtle Bars Supreme

Cookie Base                         
1 t instant espresso coffee granules or instant coffee granules                                 
2 T hot water                                 
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix                                 
1/4c vegetable oil                                 
1 egg

Filling                         
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened                                 
3c powdered sugar                                 
1/2c unsweetened baking cocoa                                 
2 eggs                                 
2 rolls (1.7 oz each) milk chocolate covered caramels, cut into fourths                                 
1 cup chopped pecans
T
opping                         
1/4c caramel topping                                 
1/4c chopped pecans

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 13x9- inch pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir coffee granules and water until dissolved, set aside. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, egg and dissolved coffee until soft dough forms. Press in bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool 15 minutes.
  2. In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and eggs until smooth; fold in caramels and pecans. Gently spread over cookie base. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Cool 30 minutes.
  3. Drizzle caramel topping over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.

Betty's picture

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment