This weekend Romeo and Rocky met for the first time. We have been putting off this meeting before now because we have both been very nervous about it, but we figured it was about time since they will be living together eventually.
Mom, Gene, Marshall, and Tye were all going to be gone over the weekend. So, I did not have a dog-sitter. So, Romeo and I made our trip to Maryville. When we first got there, Jack was walking Rocky. So, it gave Romeo and I time to get into the apartment first. This really helped because he wasn't as intimidated going in. Once Jack and Rocky came in, Romeo started shaking and Rocky was going crazy. He was very excited to have someone to play with. They played a little bit on Friday, but not a lot. Saturday and Sunday they spent the day marking spots in the apartment. Well...Romeo was marking "his territory." They spent the rest of their time following me EVERYWHERE I went. If I went to the bathroom, I had 8 legs behind me. If I went to the kitchen, there they were. Every time I sat down they were both laying beside me and on top of me. Overall, they got along a lot better then we both thought they would. I was really surprised because Rocky went out of his way to aggravate Romeo, and Romeo really kept his cool. He did not do a lot of growling and snapping. By Sunday, they were warmed up more to each other. They were able to both lay around with me and not growl at the other. We still have a lot of work to do. So, there were be many more play dates for them to get use to each other.
November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment