August 31, 2010

Erick Baker Take 3

Kim and I attended Erick Baker's cd release party at the Bijou a few months ago. He is an amazing musician!! We were very excited when we discovered that he was also opening for the Goo Goo Dolls which was another concert that we attended a few months ago. As soon as we saw he was going to be at the Bijou again, we quickly got online to order tickets! Kim, Sarah, Meghan, and I went together. We met in Knoxville at Pei Wei for dinner. Then we headed downtown for an amazing concert. Andy Davis opened up for Erick. I heard about Andy through my friend Camille. She said that she saw him in concert when he opened up for Dave Barnes a while back. Dave Barnes and Erick Baker?! He has to be amazing! Camille was right. He is great in concert! I really enjoyed the acoustic set. Meghan and I both got his cds. I really liked his first cd because it is acoustic and sounds more folk. I liked his newer cd, but prefer the other more. He is definitely a lot better live. You really should google him and check him out if you have never heard of him. Now Erick was AMAZING as always!! The show was just as good the third time as it was the first time. He actually really surprised me because I figured he would start at 9 and be done within 45 minutes to an hour. I was wrong. He played almost every song on both albums. This concert was just as long as the cd release party, but we all really enjoyed. I will definitely go see Erick again!!

Andy Davis
 


Erick Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment