September 6, 2010

Country Cds On Review

I have been listening to a lot of country lately. I have always enjoyed country, but it wasn't something I listened to often. Well since it is the only genre my boyfriend listens to, I have been listening to it more lately. I have purchased quite a few country cds over the past few months. Here are my thoughts.
 
The first country cd I got, a few months ago, was Luke Bryan. I got this cd because I love the song Do I. The album is titled Doin' My Thing. It is a pretty good cd. I don't love every song on the cd, but it is one that I will listen to all the way through.
 
The next cd I got was Joe Nichols. The album is called Old Things New. I bought this cd because Jack loved the song Gimmie That Girl. It was actually his ringtone for me for a while. I thought it was a sweet gesture so I bought him the cd. Honestly, I was not a big fan of this cd. I do not listen to it often at all. There were a few good songs, but I would have preferred to buy the select few songs on Itunes.
 
 About a month ago, I got Up on the Ridge by Dierks Bentley. I bought this cd because Kim and I were suppose to see Dierks in concert. The concert was right after the flood in Nashville. So, he had to cancel. I love Dierks and his voice. He has a very deep and sexy voice. I was not a fan of the album. It had more of a bluegrass feel to it, and I was expecting a typical Dierks album. Jack liked it, but he also plays the banjo. So, it was his kind of music. I was not a fan at all, and do not think it is worth buying.
 
Friday I got the album Starting Now by Chuck Wicks. We are going to Fall Festival this year and Chuck will be performing. So, I figured I needed to get ready and learn a few of his songs. I love this album. Jack is the big country fan, and he said that it was alright. He thought a lot of the songs sounded the same. My response was "What country album has songs that don't all sound the same?" Either way, I really like the cd and have already listened to it at least 10 times. I also bought the single Hold On Tight. I love this song! It is actually my ringtone for Jack.

Last on the list is Blake Shelton. A few months ago I purchased Hillbilly Bone and Sunday Jack bought Blake Shelton's new album All About Tonight. Blake's albums are always really short. I was not a fan of Hillbilly Bone. I honestly thought it was a waste of my money. It just didn't seem like a Blake cd to me. All About Tonight was a good cd. There was only 1/2 songs that I did not care for. I absolutely loved the song Who Are You When I'm Not Looking. I really want this cd for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment