Sarah Dessen is an author that I had never read before, but I have always been drawn to her books when I see them at the store. Over the summer, I was looking through Kim's books and saw that she had just about every book written by Sarah. I asked her which one I should read first. So, she let me borrow That Summer and Someone Like You. These books are the first two books that she wrote. They are also based on the movie How To Deal with Mandy Moore. When I would get a chance to read, it would be hard to put the books down just because they are so easy to read. I have the movie How to Deal and have seen it quite a few times. So, it was interesting to read the books and see how they were alike and different. I honestly thought that I had read the books in the wrong order simply because of the way that things happened in the movie, but That Summer is the book that is to be read first. They are really cute books and more geared to the young adult audience. I would suggest these two books to high school students because they would be able to relate to the drama and social situations fairly easily. After reading both of these books, I will definitely pick up another book written by her!
August 30, 2010
That Summer / Someone Like You
Sarah Dessen is an author that I had never read before, but I have always been drawn to her books when I see them at the store. Over the summer, I was looking through Kim's books and saw that she had just about every book written by Sarah. I asked her which one I should read first. So, she let me borrow That Summer and Someone Like You. These books are the first two books that she wrote. They are also based on the movie How To Deal with Mandy Moore. When I would get a chance to read, it would be hard to put the books down just because they are so easy to read. I have the movie How to Deal and have seen it quite a few times. So, it was interesting to read the books and see how they were alike and different. I honestly thought that I had read the books in the wrong order simply because of the way that things happened in the movie, but That Summer is the book that is to be read first. They are really cute books and more geared to the young adult audience. I would suggest these two books to high school students because they would be able to relate to the drama and social situations fairly easily. After reading both of these books, I will definitely pick up another book written by her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment