December 1, 2009

"Thanksgiving with no turkey is like... like Fourth of July with no apple pie... or... or Friday with no two pizzas."

This Thanksgiving was great! I have to say that I had more fun this year than years previous. I had a lot going on this year and went non stop until Sunday. It was nice being able to spend time with family and friends! However, I do have to say that by Sunday I did not want to even look at food!! Joey Tribbiani's response to Phoebe Buffay sums it up the best! "Hey, those are my maternity pants! Nah nah, these are my Thanksgiving pants."

Tuesday: As soon as I left work on Tuesday, I went to Madisonville to meet up with my sister Adrienne, her cousin Rachel, and Amber. Adrienne was able to come in this year for Thanksgiving and Rachel accompanied her on the trip. We went to Bert's to eat and it was wonderful!! They have GREAT pizza! After Bert's, we decided to head up to Knoxville to go out. We decided to go to Wild Wings for a little bit. It was pretty dead, but I expected that on a Tuesday night. We stayed there for a little bit and then we went home.



Wednesday: We all woke up early to go eat at Cracker Barrel and see Donna. After we ate, I made the long drive to Madisonville to take the girls back to their car. After spending a few hours apart, we all met up later at Donna's house and she cooked us a wonderful dinner. After dinner we went shopping and got some killer deals!!! When we got done shopping, I took them to Irish Times. I love going there because it is so laid back. However, Rachel wasn't feeling the place. She enjoys going dancing. So, I took her to the Joe. (I know I know.....but that is what she wanted to do and I didn't feel like driving downtown.)

 
 
 

Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!! Our family had our Thanksgiving lunch/dinner around 3. Marshall and I hung out with the family for a while. Then we met up with Meghan, Nate, John, Adrienne, Amber, and Rachel at Bullfeathers. After doing a WONDERFUL job singing karaoke, I decided to take Adrienne and Rachel downtown to Hannahs because they had never been. We get downtown and Meghan called me and informed me that the Old City was dead. I didn't think anything about it. I parked right beside Nate even though there were an thousand spots open. (I know what you are thinking....no it hasn't clicked in my brain yet.) I pay for parking. (Again...I know what you are thinking.) Then John calls me and he said that they were closed! hahaha So, we leave the Old City and head to Rookies because they have a new dance club that just opened. We get all the way back to Rookies, and the dance club was closed. So, then we (Adrienne, Amber, Rachel, and myself) decide to go to the mall to do some Black Friday shopping. The mall opened at midnight. So, we drive back to West Knoxville to the mall. We get there and there are only a handful of stores opened. So, we decide to call it a night.

 
The Coley siblings!

Friday: Happy Birthday Taylor!!! My sister Taylor turned 11 today!! Since Adrienne and Rachel were leaving today, we met up with Taylor and her mom Joy to have breakfast. It was nice having the sisters together again for a little bit. After they headed back to Mississippi, I decided to spend the whole day in bed! Later that night, Terry came to the house. Marshall and Terry were headed to the UT basketball game. Terry had an extra ticket so I decided to tag along! We had a lot of fun, and we got a lot of exercise going up and down the stairs.

The Coley sisters!!!
Right before the headed back to MS :(

 
She loves me so.....She is going to hate me for posting this pic though....LOVE YOU!

Saturday: I spent the morning in bed!! (I have to recoup at some point) Then I got up and started to cook for the Crew's Thanksgiving. I headed to Meghan and Nathan's at 6 to eat once again! This is our 2nd annual Crew Thanksgiving!! We ate and watched the UT game! It was fun and nice to see Shaun, Josh, and Cindy. (Shaun has been in Georgia...Josh and Cindy live in Gallatin)


John made some cookies that were a little crispy. After he went to bed, we decided to have a little fun with them! WE LOVE YOU JOHN!!!!!!!!

 Up at bat...

 Homerun!!!


Sunday: THE DAY TO REST!!!! :)

I know this was a novel, but it was a great weekend! I hope that next year is just as wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment