December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas

The Raymers always have their Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. We had dinner at the Center Farm clubhouse again. The whole family wasn't able to attend this dinner, but it was still nice seeing a majority of the family.

 This year I wanted to start a new tradition. I wanted to start making cookies and decorating them on Christmas Eve. I thought that it would be a lot of fun, and it is a tradition that I want to carry on when I do have kids. They will help me make Santa's cookies! I had already bought the icing, sprinkles, and cookies when I was getting ready for my family night at KES. I went over to April's house Thursday to spend time with her and my second family. April, Joe, and I decorated cookies, listened to N*Sync Christmas, and got on a sugar high. Then Joe and April did their tradition of making a gingerbread house. Joe was more interested in the icing. I am pretty sure that it took him a while to get to sleep that night.



Christmas day mom always makes brunch. We have breakfast casserole and fresh fruit. Nicholle joined us this year for presents and brunch. After brunch, we all laid around in our new pjs that Santa got us. Then we went to Nana's for Christmas dinner. After I ate dinner, I met up with Mendy to go to the movies. We saw It's Complicated. It was a cute movie, but would have been a lot cuter at 730 instead of 1055.

 Romeo checking out what Santa left him.

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment