October 5, 2009

Halloween Craft


I found a really cute craft on CountryLiving.com. I thought that it would be a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone. It is so hard sometimes to find cute crafts to do with the kids that are age appropriate and that they can actually use. I saw this Halloween craft and thought it was cute and practical. It is a trick-or-treat bag. We are going to put all of our goodies from our Halloween party in this bag. Then if they want to use it for trick-or-treating they can!

Supplies: Felt , decorative ribbon, craft knife, and glue/Stitch Witchery.

Directions: Place two sheets of felt on top of each other. With a craft knife, cut slits the width of the ribbon around three sides. Be sure to do 2 slits close together so that candy doesn't slip through the cracks! (see pic below.)

Starting at the top left corner, weave the ribbon through the slits, and tie ends together to make a strap. I got a spool of ribbon that was 3 yards. That will make two 9x12 bags. You will need more ribbon if you want a longer handle.


Decorate the tote with a Halloween image. We are doing pumpkins due to some parents' views on Halloween. You can do any image. Then you are going to use the Stitch Witchery to put the image on the tote. We do not have a Stitch Witchery. So, we are using good ol' Elmer's Glue!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment