In the book club, we read My Sister's Keeper. I was not a huge fan of the book, but it was good. I did find it to be a difficult one to read. I did not like the way it would skip back and forth, not just the different chapters, but from paragraph to paragraph. To me, it could be very confusing at times. I also would have liked it more if it had Kate's view point more in the book instead of just the last chapter. I also found myself VERY frustrated at the mother. I could not believe how she would treat her other children. One thing that got me in the book was when the father gave Anna the locket and the mother said that it never crossed her mind to give Anna a gift for helping because they all suffer. I understand that the worst pain in the world is to loose a child, but it pained me to see what Jesse and especially Anna also had to deal with. It also pained to me to read everything that Anna went through throughout the whole book and then it end the way it did.
After our meeting, Kaybe and I went to go see the movie. The movie was really good. It did not have a lot of key elements that I thought it would. There wasn't a lot of fire in the movie, and that seemed to be very symbolic in the book. It also had a completely different ending than the book. Overall, I still really enjoyed the movie.
I am glad that I got to read the book before I watched the movie. They were both really good, and even though they didn't follow each other exactly, they were still both worth the time!


No comments:
Post a Comment