For the past couple of years, I have spent July 4th in Knoxville with the crew. This year I decided to travel to Mississippi to stay with my sister for a few weeks, and I decided to leave before the 4th and spend it with her. We went camping for the weekend. We left Thursday and returned on Sunday. It was a short trip, but still a lot of fun. I have always enjoyed camping, and I have been a lot in my life, but even camping on the sandbar for 2 nights with no air or bathrooms didn't compare. It was VERY hot. The temp stayed between 94-104 degrees. At night it would cool down a little bit. We did cheat with the tent camping though. We put an AC unit in one compartment and box fans in the other 2 to help circulate the air. It helped...a little bit. It did not get cold by any means, but it did make it more comfortable to sleep. During the day, we would go swimming, and the girls sat around and read while the boys complained about us sitting around and reading. Then at night we sat around and listened to music and had a good time. I don't know if I want to have another Mississippi camping experience, but it was fun and I enjoyed being able to be with my sister on her first camping trip!
TENT CITY!!!
As we were setting up on Thursday someone drove by and yelled tent city. This was because we were the ONLY tents that were set up on a camper lot. We did this so that we could have power (the tent sites had no power) So, we proceeded to call our camp site Tent City for the weekend!
"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"



No comments:
Post a Comment