May 31, 2014
12 Months
I cannot believe our baby girl is 12 months old! Time has flown by so fast. It seems like I blinked and her birthday was here. She is talking like crazy and doing so much. She will point at what she wants and say thank you when she gets it. This makes me really proud. We are now officially done with baby food and only eating table food. We are also done with formula and only drinking whole milk. She is not a fan of the milk, but will drink it if we warm it up. She LOVES fruit! It is the first thing she will eat, and she eats it at every meal. Her favorites are grapes, bananas, and strawberries. She is starting to eat oranges now too. She loves spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni, hotdogs, and cheese. She still loves her stuffed animals and will suck her thumb and hold them. She also loves to steal our blankets now to hold while she sucks her thumb.
This month we worked on using utensils, saying thank you, and asking for more. We worked on asking for more in sign language when she was about 6 months, but she would always just laugh at me. After a ton of failed attempts I stopped. The other night I did it once and she mocked me. Then the next day I said say "more please" and she did the more sign. I was so excited that she remembered it and it only took me showing her one time. She has also done great at saying thank you. There are a few times she won't say it when I tell her to, but most of the time she will. She also has gotten really good at saying it as soon as someone gives her something without being prompted to do so. This makes me one proud mama! Finally we started using utensils. She LOVES it and does pretty good at it. She will now grab our fork out of our hands if we try to feed her something. It has made her really independent.
Stealing my fork :)
Callaghan also still LOVES being outside. Whenever she gets really fussy inside, we take her outside and let her run around. I am so glad that she loves being outside and I hope she stays that way.
I am so excited that Jack and I get the summer with Callaghan and get to spend some much needed time together as a family. I can't wait to see and experience more milestones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment