May 16, 2014

11 Months


This has been a crazy month.  Callaghan has really taken off this month.  She is starting to walk faster and get into everything.  She also loves to cover her eyes and play peek-a-boo as she is walking which makes for many falls.  Fortunately she thinks it is hilarious when she falls while doing it.  She is starting to get into everything, but she still doesn't like for us to be out of our sight.  She will follow us and stay in the same room as us for now.  I am trying to enjoy this as much as I can. :)

This has been a BIG month for teeth.  She has 8 teeth already in and is currently cutting 4 more.  3 of these  are her molars. (She already has the other molar)  This has been very painful for her.  She has started to become clingy again and really fussy.  We are hoping for the teething to pass soon.

She is getting better about eating table food again.  She still wants her baby food, but will eat some table food afterwards.  Her favorite thing to eat is her snacks.  This becomes a problem because she wants to eat only snacks and then she is full around meal time.  Her favorite snack this month is Goldfish and water.  She won't drink juice, but she loves water.  She is also starting to drink out of a sippy with a straw.  My dad taught her how when he was babysitting one night.  She was having a hard time with these sippy cups because she wanted to turn them up like her other sippys.  So my dad was really proud that he taught her how.  I was also really excited that she learned how.  Then I discovered the next morning what her motivation was.  Papaw Coley was giving her 7up!  She obviously loved it. lol


Callaghan still loves to be outside.  Whenever she gets really fussy we take her outside so that she can run around in the driveway or swing.  It has always calmed her and still does.  Her favorite toys are still her ugly pets.  Her collection keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I have a weakness when I see that sweet face hug them in the store.  :)  She also loves taking things apart.  I have made a few homemade toys this month that she loves.  I cut up some fabric and put the pieces in a wipe container so that she can pull them out.  She will sit and do this FOREVER.  I also bought clothes pins and put them in a jug.  I will shake them out for her to put back in.  I also started collecting milk and juice lids.  I then cut a slit in a butter container so that she can work on her fine motor skills.  She loves it.  She also loves putting the lids in her mouth. :)
~
See! How can you resist this!?
 


I can't believe how much she has grown and learned.  Time has really flown by.  I hate how fast time goes by, but I do enjoy witnessing all the different stages.  It is also fun watching her personality shine.  She is so weird.  She definitely gets that from me.  She is also really silly.  She loves it when we call her "silly girl."



 
 Family day at the park.

 She is a cool kid!

 Posing for the camera! Nothing new with this girl....

She loved splashing around in her kiddie pool.

Her first school picture.

Callaghan and her friends

No comments:

Post a Comment