May 30, 2014

Callaghan's Birthday!


 I cannot believe our baby girl is turning 1.  Jack and I decided that since she was born close to Memorial Day we would do her birthday on Memorial weekend each year and throw a big bbq.  So I reserved a picnic area at the Lenoir City Park in January and got to work. :)  I spent more time and energy on her birthday party then I did my own wedding. haha. I know that she won't remember the party, but I will.  I just wanted it to be extra special since it was her first birthday.  I made all of the décor on my own (everything except for the photo booth props).  Fortunately I did have help with the food.  Mom made the eggs, Laura made the cole slaw, Jack made the bbq, Adrienne made the beans, and Jama made the cupcakes and smash cake.  If you haven't had Jama's cupcakes/cakes, check out her webpage Bettye Rose Bakery.  She did our wedding cupcakes and cake, gender cake, and now Callaghan's cupcakes and smash cake.  She is AMAZING!

This is a birthday that we will never forget because it is Callaghan's first birthday.  We also will never forget it because of another reason.  Callaghan was cutting 4 teeth (3 molars) and started to run a fever.  She was clingy and fussy.  Jack gave her Tylenol for her fever.  During the party she started getting extremely fussy and we decided it was best to take her home, give her a bottle, and put her down for a nap.  So, Jack left with her so I could stay and clean up.  About 3 minutes after he left I got a call from Jack and he said "I've been in a wreck. Come get her."  Then he hung up.  I didn't know what happened, where they were, or if they were ok.  I immediately left the party and went to find them.  Someone came at them on 2 wheels and knocked them into a wall.  Definitely a first birthday party to remember. :)

The Décor



Guest Book: I asked everyone to write her a message in Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday to You book.



 Truffula Trees

 Gift Table
 





 One Fish, Two Fish Game


 Gift Bags

 

Food















Smash Time!












Friends and Family




















































Since Callaghan was so fussy and had to leave, we didn't have a chance to open up presents at the party.  She did get in to one present while at the party and then she opened the rest up at home.




Here are pictures from the wreck :)









No comments:

Post a Comment