March 6, 2014

8 Months

This month flew by so fast!  I don't blog about Callaghan's month until the end of it so that I can put everything she accomplished within that month.  The problem with this is that I forget a lot of the things that she has done.  I learned the hard way on month 8 because I have forgotten a lot that has happened.  Fortunately I did learn from it and have already started blogging month 9. :)  Anyways back to month 8. 
The picture above is the best picture that we could get because she won't sit still anymore.  I had to give her a book to keep her in one place long enough to take a picture.  Here are a few of the attempts.



We are on a very set schedule now.  She loves her schedule and doesn't like to go off of it very often.  As soon as it hits 7:00 she starts to rub her eyes.  This is the time that we start bath time.  She gets so excited when Jack takes her to get undressed as I fill up the tub.  This is probably her favorite time of the day.

She has started a new game this month.  If I am holding her and Jack reaches for her, she will laugh, shake her head no, and then hug me.  If Jack is holding her, then she will shake her head no to me and hug him.  She thinks that this is hilarious!

This month we have started working on her learning how to clap.  I will say "yaaaayyyy" and clap my hands together.  I will say it and clap her hands together also.  We are still waiting on her to start clapping her own hands together.

 We started giving Callaghan her sippy cup around 6 months, but she has never really done well with it.  She would chew on it, taste the juice, and then stop chewing.  I think a lot of it had to do with the juice.  She has never really been a fan of it.  This month I did decide to buy her a new sippy cup and try out a new flavor of juice.  The sippy is by the same company that makes her bottles so it is suppose to be an easy transition.  She will actually drink out of it now!!!  Occasionally she gets really lazy and wants us to hold it for her though.  :)


This month we got 3 more teeth!! Her bottom 2 teeth came in with no problems at all, but her top 2 teeth are giving her a lot of problems.  Her gums killed her for about two months.  When we were on our way to dinner one night I looked in her mouth and noticed that she got another tooth on the bottom.  Her top teeth were giving her so many problems that we didn't notice that she was cutting another bottom tooth. Since her teeth have come in, she has been a completely different baby.  It has been nice having our old baby back!  Above is a picture of her showing her teeth. Below is a picture of her after she spent the night before screaming all night.  She was in so much pain she couldn't sleep.  The next night when we laid her down she didn't move.  We thought it was hilarious because normally she will automatically flip over onto her stomach and start sucking her thumb.  She obviously didn't even have the energy to do that.


We are still eating baby food, lil crunches, puffs, and yogurt bites.  We have tried table food, but she doesn't want anything to do with it.  She doesn't like the texture of the food.


This month she really started to get bored with her toys. I have been wanting to buy her some new toys that are more developmentally appropriate.  Aunt Kim bought her this ladybug that she loves.  You have to match the shapes on the sides by putting the plastic shape over the button.  Callaghan can not stand for any of the pieces to be put in the right spot!  Every time we put a piece on the ladybug she will push it out.  It is a working progress.


We can always tell when Callaghan has pooped.  She will crawl to us right after she poops and start whining.  We are very grateful for this, and I am hoping that this means she will be easy to potty train.  Anyways, one morning I notice she was being extra quiet and I wasn't sure why.  She was in the corner playing.....and pooping. :)  I am hoping this isn't going to become a regular thing.

Callaghan still LOVES to read books. She will actually sit in our lap for what seems like forever (for an 8 month old baby) and look at books.  It is one of her favorite things to do.  We even break them out at restaurants when she gets restless.


 I am not sure if this is just a girl thing or what but Callaghan has always been very dramatic.  When she was just a few months old, she would be sucking on a bottle and then pop off of it and start screaming for no reason.  Then she would start sucking again.  She has always had dramatic tendencies, but this incident is one of the funniest.  While I was at work and Callaghan was at daycare, I got a text message from Callaghan's teacher.  It had a picture of her laying on the floor.  She pulled up on a table and fell backwards.  She didn't cry or anything. She just laid there.  Her teacher said she looked at her to see how she was going to react but she just kept laying there.  Then her teacher went to go get her phone to take a picture.  She continued to lay there.  I died laughing when I saw the picture.  She has the look like "Screw this I am done."


I am going to end her monthly post with one of my favorite pictures of her.  I have said, since she was born, that she got Jack's looks and my bad habits.  Callaghan has been a thumb sucker since she was about a month old.  We really tried hard to make her a paci baby.  We would pull her thumb out of her mouth and put a paci in, but she wasn't having it.  I didn't want her to be a thumb sucker because I sucked my thumb until I was 4/5 years old.  I would suck my thumb, pick fuzz off of anything in reach, and rub the fuzz on my upper lip.  I always had to have something soft to hold while I sucked my thumb.  Callaghan doesn't pick fuzz while she sleeps and sucks her thumb, but she does love have to hold something soft while she goes to sleep and sucks her thumb.  We have 4 or 5 security blankets that she uses.  One morning she was sitting in my lap and Jack snapped this picture of her sucking her thumb and holding a blanket.  She looks so much like I did in this picture.


2 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! She is getting so big and learning so many things!! I love u all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete