February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

Jack and I never go out and celebrate Valentine's Day.  We always stay in and cook our own dinner.  This year we had our usual surf and turf with salad.  We also had our Ecco Domani Merlot that we have each year for Valentine's Day. We also never really get gifts for each other.  I would rather have time together than some material item.  This year Jack bought me a beautiful bracelet.  We discussed how we never buy each other items for Valentine's Day.  So, he decided to give it to me a few days early as a "just because I love you" gift.  This made it mean so much more!!  Even though we don't do gifts, I did get a bouquet of flowers.  I enjoy getting flowers.  So, this is the one day a year that I get them. :)  Jack also surprised Callaghan with flowers.  I thought it was the sweetest thing.  I told him that he would always be her valentine.  :)  We also got her a stuffed owl and magnetic ABCs for the fridge.  She loved getting presents.  She was excited to play with all of her new stuff!

Here are some of the pics I took the morning of Valentine's Day to send to Grandparents.  I had to post them  because she is such a ham! I love it!

Jack giving Callaghan her flowers.  She wanted to lick them.  She was also so excited she just kept kicking her feet.  It was the sweetest moment.
(Check out the tongue)

 She also loved her balloon that Aunt Kim gave her!
 Our yummy dinner!

My beautiful bracelet. 


Here are the valentines that Callaghan gave to her teachers and friends.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment