Around Thanksgiving we had a few snow flurries, but this was Callaghan's first real snow. This snow was a huge surprise. The news really didn't foresee the weather that we got. As soon as I got kids at 8:30 an announcement was made that we were dismissing school at 10:00. The weather in Kingston wasn't bad, but Jack was sending me pictures of Maryville and his streets were already turning white. Loudon County wasn't dismissing until 11:00 so I thought I had plenty of time to get home. I had bus duty and picked Callaghan up from daycare around 10:50. By the time I got to Lenoir City, the roads were horrible. I slid and almost t-boned a car, slid through a stop sign, and was almost hit by a huge diesel truck. Carrie Underwood's Jesus Take The Wheel was playing in my head as I looked at Callaghan sleeping in the back seat and me praying to please just get her home safely. As I get to the opening of our neighborhood, I see a truck sliding down the entrance. It was Jack. His truck wouldn't make it up the hill. My car locks up when it starts to slide. So, as I tried to gun it up the hill, my car locked up and came to a complete stop. I ended up having to park on the side of the street. Jack ended up finally making it into the neighborhood. Fortunately for us, a kind neighbor at the front of the neighborhood offered to try and get us home in is 4wheel drive so that we wouldn't have to walk the mile up in with a baby. We finally made it home! I put some potato soup on the stove for lunch and taco soup in the crock pot for dinner. We then got dressed and headed outside for a few minutes. She stayed just long enough for Callaghan to see the snow and get a few pictures of her in it. We are very thankful that we all made it home safely and were not stuck like many people were. We are also extremely thankful for our kind neighbor for giving us a ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment