Monday, Jack and I had a lot of fun on our day off. We started off the morning with Homemade biscuits and gravy. I also made chocolate gravy. This is a snow day tradition at home. Whenever we would get out of school for snow, mom would make us chocolate gravy. It was a special snow day tradition that I want to carry on. So, I decided to start this year. Jack has never had chocolate gravy, and I was really hoping he would like it. He was not a huge fan of it with biscuits, but I am still going to make it on snow days! After breakfast, we watched Charlie St. Cloud. (This movie was great and definitely a tear jerker!) After the movie, we went outside to build a snowman. The snow was too deep to roll the snowballs and it wasn't sticking. So we ended up having a snowball fight instead. After I kicked his butt, we went inside for hot chocolate and to watch the movie Salt. (I was not a huge fan of this movie.) Overall, it was a wonderful snow day!
The amount of snow on my car.
RECIPES
Homemade BiscuitsIngredients:
2 c self-rising flour (if using all-purpose add 1 T baking powder and 1 t salt)
1/4 c crisco shortening
2/3 - 3/4 c buttermilk or milk
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Mix flour and milk in a bowl.
3. Fold in crisco.
4. Roll dough and flatten it. Cut out with biscuit cutters.
5. Places on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes
Mom's Snow Day Chocolate Gravy
Ingredients:
1 c sugar
2 T flour
3 T cocoa
2 T butter
1 1/2 c milk
Directions:
1. Melt butter in skillet.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Then add dry and milk to butter.
3. Heat until thick like pudding.
No comments:
Post a Comment