September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Mammaw!

My Mammaw Coley died on November 1, 2008. Today would have been her 80th Birthday! I loved her a lot, and I miss her daily! I know that she is resting peacefully and watching over us every day.

She was a very caring mammaw. When Marshall was little, he would have her hiding in closets with a glow worm and she would not leave until he told her that she could. When she broke her hip, about a year before she died, I went to stay with her in the hospital. I jokingly told her to break the other hip so that she could stay longer because there were some hot doctors at the hospital. She smiled and told me okay.She would do ANYTHING for her grandchildren! We were her WORLD! I will always remember her coming to my house (mom's house...dad's mother...told you she was caring!!!) and cooking us homemade chicken and dumplings. She was the BEST cook in the world!

Thank you mammaw for being there for me for 24 years of my life! I love you with all my heart! Happy Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment