Instead of going to the beach this year, Jack and I decided to spend our money on a babymoon. We really wanted to be able to get away just the two of us before Hudson comes. Jack and I both have always wanted to take a trip to Savannah. He wanted to go for the historical aspect, and I wanted to go to Paula Deen's original restaurant! He looked online and booked a bed and breakfast for 2 nights. This trip was bittersweet for me. I wanted to get away with Jack BUT I really didn't like the idea of leaving Callaghan for 2 nights. It wasn't the fact that it was two nights. It was actually because she was going to be so far away. If something was to happen, I wouldn't be able to get to her as fast as I could the last time we were away. I knew that Jack and I really needed this time away though. We woke up early Tuesday morning and met Jack's mom in Chattanooga to drop off Callaghan. Then we headed to Savannah. As soon as we got there, we check in to the bed and breakfast. We stayed at the 1875 Inn. We really loved this Inn. The owners were great, the food was delicious, and it was close to everything. After we checked in at the B&B, we got dressed and got ready to head out. We walked to the Olde Pink House for dinner. We made these reservations in advance for the first night because we didn't want to take the chance of walking around on Wednesday and seeing somewhere else we wanted to eat. The Olde Pink House definitely did not disappoint. It was delicious! We got the calamari appetizer. The calamari alone needed more seasoning but the dipping sauces were amazing. For the entre Jack had the crab stuffed grouper and I had the fried lobster tail. Jack said his was amazing. Mine was good, but I didn't like the lobster tailed fried. I just peeled off the fried part and enjoyed. The potatoes were AMAZING!! We ate so much that we didn't have room for dessert. We decided to walk down to River Street and to see the shops and get dessert later on. We headed into River Street Sweets to get my mom some pralines. When you walk in, they give you a sample. They were unbelievable!!! I couldn't believe how tasty they were. Not good for a prego. :) While we were on River Street we sat and hung out and actually got to see a few dolphins which was really cute. Then we headed back to the Inn. Once we got back I was in a lot of pain. My hip started to hurt like it did when I was pregnant with Callaghan. It was so bad Jack had to help me into the shower. I knew I wouldn't survive an entire day of walking so Jack and I decided to take the trolley around town the next day. We walked to the 1st trolley stop to get our tickets. We decided to go with Old Town Trolley and I am glad that we did. They seemed to have more trolleys then the other services. So it made it easy to get on and off at stops. We ended up getting a package deal so we could do the ferry too. The trolley was a great idea. It gave us a chance to see the entire city in one day and learn a lot about the city. This was the best way for us to see everything since we were only there for 1 day. Jack loved it because it is such a historical place. I just enjoyed that time with him. For lunch we went to Leopold's Ice Cream Shop. The owner of the inn talked about how great the sandwiches were. The ice cream is also made in house, and they are the ones that developed tutti frutti ice cream. The sandwich was just a sandwich. Jack and I eat at a lot of sandwich places so we always have high expectations when it comes to sandwiches. Honestly it was just a sandwich. I wouldn't go there again for a sandwich but the ice cream was delicious! Definitely worth going back for the ice cream. After lunch we finished the trolley tour and then headed to River Street to go on the Ferry. This was fun but it was HOT. It really got to be unbearable. I swelled up. I was pitiful between my swollen feet and my hurt hip. My fingers also swelled up so much that my wedding ring started cutting off my circulation. I had to go to the bathroom on the ferry, apply a ton of soap, and yank off my rings. It really ended up putting a damper on the trip but there wasn't anything I could do about it. We decided we are going to have to go back when I am not pregnant. After the ferry, we walked back to the inn. My hip was so bad I knew I wouldn't be able to walk any where for dinner. We ended up ordering in from Vinny Van Go Go's. The pizza was AMAZING. It is definitely one of my favorite pizza places now. We stayed in the rest of the night and watched movies. The next day we woke up, ate breakfast, and then got on the trolley at stop 3 which was right by the inn. We rode it around the city and got off at our final stop for the trip........PAULA DEEN'S RESTAURANT!! Unfortunately we were still a little full from breakfast. Definitely not the place to go when you are full. Now I am not a big buffet person, but I did get the buffet here because I wanted to try a little bit of everything. It was really good. The beans and corn were my fav! :) Jack got shrimp and grits and said they were really good too. After lunch we hopped back on the trolley to head back to the inn to get our car and head home to our princess. We met up with his parents to get Callaghan and have dinner at McAlisters. You could tell that Callaghan had a blast with her LC and Pops. She cried when we had to leave, but I was glad to have her back in my arms. It was definitely a great trip for our relationship!
Headed to Olde Pink House
On River Street
Leopold's Ice Cream
On the trolley
Ferry Ride
Paula Deen
July 24, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment