One main reason I was completely over the snow was because Jack and I had our first night away from Callaghan planned. His parents came in to stay the night with her at our house. I have been really hesitant on being away from her for an entire night. So, I wanted our first time away to be close by just in case something happened. Jack booked us a night at Braeside Inn. This is a bed and breakfast in Sevierville, TN. We headed down early Saturday afternoon and checked into the inn. Our plan for the day was to do the Rocky Top Wine Trail , Wonder of Flight, and then make it for our dinner reservations at Melting Pot. We started our date in Pigeon Forge at a few of the wineries and then headed to Wonder of Flight. I have always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride, but for some reason I have developed a slight fear of heights over the years. So I thought this would be a great way to get the hot air balloon experience, but it not last as long as an actual balloon ride. It also made me feel better that it is attacked with cables. We both really enjoyed the balloon ride. It was very short and sweet. You go up about 500 feet in the air. Then you stay there for a few minutes and are able to walk around the balloon. Fortunately for us, we were the only ones on the ride. I would have died if there were more people up there with us and walking around. The wind alone was getting to me. :) After a few minutes in the air, you make your way back down. Once the ride was over, we headed to downtown Gatlinburg. We got there a lot later then we thought we would. So, we hit up the last winery and then went to dinner. Dinner was amazing as always. The best part was that Jack and I were in a both that sat 2 people side by side. We never sit beside each other at restaurants so this was a nice change. It was also in a corner in the back of the restaurant. So we couldn't see other people. All or our attention was on each other. That to me was the best part. After dinner we headed back to the B&B. This bed and breakfast was really nice. The owners were so friendly and breakfast was delicious. The view was also incredible! I would definitely go back. As much as I hated to leave Callaghan, this trip was long over due. It was so nice being able to spend time as a couple again and not as parents. It is making me ready for our next trip!!
March 16, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment